About Sunrise Learning Foundation
We are a not-for-profit non-Government organization dedicated towards providing employment, empowerment, inclusion, independence-Vocational training, education and support services to differently-abled people and their families.
The organization is registered as a Trust, under The Indian Trusts Act, 1882 and Niti Ayog, DARPAN, FCRA, CSR-1.
It is also registered under section 80G and 12A of Income Tax Act, 1961.
With a head- office in New Delhi and a Centre for Autism & Special Needs at Noida, the Foundation works with families pan India through various out-reach programs for providing direct therapeutic support and Vocational Training to differently-abled persons.
THE FOUNDERS AND THE FACULTY OF SUNRISE LEARNING FOUNDATION
It was started by doctor parents of a child on the autism spectrum.
Both the doctor parents, Dr Sonali Kataria, (former Assistant Professor, AIIMS, New Delhi) and Dr Ajay Sirohi (Consultant at Sir Gangaram Hospital), started this foundation.
Most of the members of faculty are either parents of or related to a child with special needs. They are very dedicated and driven, going beyond their means to support the foundation’s work.
The ultimate objective is to ensure that the people with special needs are able to capitalise on their strengths, reach their maximum potential, and live a life of dignity and independence.
THE STRUCTURE OF THE FOUNDATION
- 3 Trustees (all are doctors)
- 25 Members of the Foundation (all are all senior doctors, Educationists, parents of children with special needs) who raise funds, make policies & guidelines
- A Core team of 18 faculty members (specialists of various developmental/ administrative domains, Special Educators, Therapists)
- 16 support staff & caregivers
- 40 assistant teachers, trainees, therapists
THE IMPACT WE ARE WORKING TO CREATE
Our initiatives are focussed towards:
- Empowering the differently abled children with education, social skill development, speech therapy, gross and fine motor skills, Occupational therapies, activities of daily living, basic and advanced computer training and multi-disciplinary curriculum with practise of art, yoga, dance, music – which also act as therapy and encourage social interaction.
- Pre-vocational and Vocational training with hard and soft skills.
- Parent Empowerment Programs as both free of charge sessions and paid courses for awareness, acceptance, skill development and counselling to equip parents to be the best resource person for their wards.
- Awareness initiatives as in-person and online events to create awareness for strengths and challenges of people with Autism, acceptance and hence inclusion into the mainstream.
- Online counselling sessions and social media events for counselling and awareness.
- Organising events and social media campaigns to showcase abilities and talent of specially abled individuals in the fields of sports, creative production, fine art and performing arts.
Tulsabai Somani Educational Trust Award 2010 (Indian Association of Neurosciences 2010)
Received scholarship for attending “Advanced course on Neurobiology of Autism”, 2012, at Neuroscience School of Advanced Studies (NSAS), Italy.
Received scholarship for attending “Start-up Son-Rise Program” 2014 for Autism, at Option Institute, Sheffield, MA, USA
Nominated for “Rashtriya Gaurav Puraskar” 2014
Nominated for Sofy Women’s Awards in Social Excellence category 2015 (conducted by Zee News)
19th Stree Shakti Award 2018 (Gantavya Sansthan), awarded by Shri Sunil Shastri (s/o Late Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri) for remarkable work in the field of women empowerment
PNI achievers award 2018 for outstanding work in the field of empowerment of persons with special needs.
International School Award 2019 at Dubai (Amity University), for phenomenal parental engagement
FOREVER STAR AWARDS (Superwoman of the year 2020), for social empowerment achievements for doctors
MASTER TRAINER for AUTISM AWARE NUTRITIONIST series of JANUARY & JULY 2021
RECEIVED “BHARAT SHIKSHA GAURAV PURASKAR” on 17th July 2021
Received NATIONAL SCHOOL AWARD 2021, for BEST SCHOOL FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION in UP